Two Weird Problems

Bill Mayhew wtm at neoucom.UUCP
Fri May 26 02:02:34 AEST 1989

You can exec uucico from a c program that exports the time zone and
various other things into uucico's environment.  I did this on
impulse, as I got tired of seeing mail arrive stamped with GMT
instead of the correct time.  You could also exec uucico from a
shell, but you'd be opening Pandora's security box.

As far as doing vi on a remote system via cu goes, it sounds like
the other system is timing-out on the keystrokes.  Best bet is to
use the h-j-k-l keys for cursor motion rather than the arrow keys
if the other system is heavily loaded.

Bill
wtm at impulse.UUCP