GNU emacs on UNIXPC

Vipin Chaudhary vipin at cs.utexas.edu
Thu May 4 14:08:14 AEST 1989

__I AM NOT VIPIN__ Please reply to the address below not to the poster of
this article.

Whew! Now that that's out of thw way.

I just got the newest? release of gnu emacs and compiled it with gcc-1.34.
After hearing about virtual-memory-exausted problems I was plaesed to find
out that the only time I experienced this was while running make emacs
form in side emacs itself. And then about the same time I got a few error
messages about about virtual memory exausted I ran out of swap space!
But long asides aside. emacs compiled like a dove.

I havn't run it before because my 20 Mb was just too crowded ( also got a
new miniscribe 3085 1/2 height 75 Mb).  Any way I remeber seeing some time
ago a patch to support a unixpc mouse.  Does anyone else have or know of
this one? Or do you have any pet enhancments to emacs?

I'd like to know about them.

-
Henry D. Reynolds                (cs.utexas.edu!utastro!bigtex!helps!nidhog!hdr)
    4301 Ave C                   (512)453-1100
Austin, Texas 78751