Perl 3.0

David T. Sandberg dts at quad.uucp
Wed Nov 8 12:03:23 AEST 1989

In article <995 at cgh.UUCP> paul at cgh.UUCP (Paul Homchick) writes:
:Aha! It's not just me.  Mine failed on test 3 and 4 of op.magic, and on
:tests 3 through 7 of op.mkdir.  This was with the standard 7300/3B1 cc.

By way of information, I compiled Perl 3.0 with the standard 3.51 cc
(once I #undefined the appropriate members of the password structure),
and it only failed tests #3 and #7 of op.mkdir (i.e., tests #4 and #5,
the 'rmdir' parts, did pass).  It also failed test #40 of op.stat when
run via "make test", but when run from the command line that problem
went away, don't know why.  The op.magic test produced no problems.

(Note: I did not attempt to compile Perl with shared libraries.  Has
anyone done this?)

--
   /* old functions never die: they just get rewritten in assembler */
   fixed david_sandberg = "quadric systems"