Need an nroff postprocessor for HP Laserjet

Steven A. Conrad sac at conrad.UUCP
Wed Nov 8 14:03:23 AEST 1989

In article <1624 at dukeac.UUCP> tcamp at dukeac.UUCP (Ted A. Campbell) writes:

>The title says it all.  I am using nroff on an AT&T Unix PC;
>Unix System V version 3.5.1.4, and I'd like to be able to
>send output to a HP Laserjet (or Deskjet) printer.....

The development/document preparation software distributed for the
Unix PC (which includes nroff) also includes a filter called
hplj.  Usage:

	nroff -Thpljr8 | hplj | lp -draw_printer

The manual page is in Volume one of the development package.
--
Steven A. Conrad,  Department of Medicine (Critical Care)
Louisiana State University Medical Center, Shreveport, LA
UUCP: sac at conrad.UUCP,   Internet: conrad at manta.pha.pa.us
"I think there is a world market for about five computers" TJ Watson Jr, 1943