Cyclic directories (i-nodes) on the UNIX pc filesystem.

Dave Hale ddh at shade.UUCP
Fri Nov 10 02:17:39 AEST 1989

In article <1021 at icus.islp.ny.us> lenny at icus.islp.ny.us (Lenny Tropiano) writes:

> Around and around... How did this happen in the first place?  I guess
> the only way to get rid of this is using (/etc/clri) and clear the
> i-node, and then fsck the root partition again.
>
> -Lenny

  I had the same thing happen to my system a couple of years ago.  I never did
figure out what had caused it, but after along time fiddling with it I finally
decided that /etc/clri was the only solution to the problem.  fsck seemed to be
able to straighten everything out afterwards.

  Good Luck!
  - Dave
--
ddh at surak.uucp (David Hale)