Possibility of *legal* photocopied UNIX pc Reference Manuals to come...

Gil Kloepfer Jr. gil at limbic.UUCP
Wed Nov 8 17:50:17 AEST 1989

In article <1015 at icus.islp.ny.us> lenny at icus.islp.ny.us (Lenny Tropiano) writes:
>The manual is not in print anymore, as many have said, and there are several
>of you (you know who you are) who want to do some hardware work, and without
>the manual it's slightly hard.

>From someone who has done a bit of hardware work...  Although being without
this manual is nothing less than a pain in the neck, there is one
other manual that is required to do any kind of serious hardware hacking
on the UNIX-pc and that's the s4bus specification.  Without this document
you will find yourself doing a lot of needless reverse-engineering.

Perhaps Lenny could make it an option for, say, $5 more, to include
this with his copy of the manual.

Gil.
--------