Basic block profiler for 3B1 posted to unix-pc.sources

Steve Wampler sbw at tapest.UUCP
Fri Nov 17 00:17:32 AEST 1989

I've modified the recently posted 'lcomp' to work on unix-pc's,
with either the stock cc or gcc.  There is a README describing
the changes.  Briefly, 'lcomp' does profile counting down to
the basic block level, rather than down to the function level.

I don't know unix-pc assembly, so there may be some errors and
omissions from the file 3b1.l.  If you improve it, please send
me the changes.  When it looks stable, I'll send the changes
back to the original author.  Thanks!

--
Steve Wampler	{...!arizona!naucse!tapest!sbw}
	        {...!ditka!tapest!sbw}