Laser Printer suggestions for UNIX PC (aka 7300/3B1)...

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.islp.ny.us
Mon Nov 20 12:01:41 AEST 1989

I'm giving some thought about purchasing a Laser Printer for my
UNIX pc's here ... First can anyone who own's an UNIX PC with
a Laser Printer tell me something about the printer they have,
are they pleased with it, what they use it for, what software
packages do they use (eg. troff, TeX, etc..), etc.

Things I'd like to see in a laser printer are:

Reasonable Price
Various emulations (HP Laser, of course)
Good Print Page Speed (for price)
Print density (dpi) (like 300 dpi)
Cost of upkeep (toner, paper, repair history, etc..)
Parallel and Serial interfaces
Postscript?
Ease of interfacing various software packages (TeX, troff, Ghostscript)
Cost of Expandability (more memory, internal font cartridges, emulation)

Anything that can be told about various printers (especially where to
get them, and their price) would be appreciated.  Please e-mail, I'll
summarize ..

-Lenny
--
| Lenny Tropiano            ICUS Software Systems      [w] +1 (516) 589-7930 |
| lenny at icus.islp.ny.us     Telex; 154232428 ICUS      [h] +1 (516) 968-8576 |