ICUS Software Archives

Gil Kloepfer Jr. gil at limbic.UUCP
Tue Nov 21 16:42:21 AEST 1989

Lenny and I have received (and are still receiving) many requests for
software that we have posted previously, or for software that our software
needs (got that?).  Anyhow, because of the volume of these requests, we
are making a small archive available to handle these requests.  A posting
will be made once a month which describes the archive, and how to access
it.  If the archive is successful, and there is sufficient space on my
machine (Lenny's machine is already overloaded), I will expand the archive
substantially to include most of the files I currently have archived on
floppy, as well as binary-only gnu compilers (which are hard to come by
at TrailBlazer speed!).

Here are some excerpts from the "Index" file, which will be updated
periodically, which describes which software is available.  It is
recommended that this file be requested before asking us for back-issues
of something we posted previously.

-----

Archives are available between the hours of 3:00AM and 12:00PM (noon) EST.
All requests made outside this time will be rejected.  Access can be
made via 1200 or 2400 baud, or Trailblazer PEP speed.

File Name		Type		Description
---------		----		-----------
Index			T	Description of the software archives (this file)
dirent.shar.Z		CS	Doug Gwyn's "dirent" routines - used in the
				development of some ICUS programs.
facedisp.sh.Z		CS	Program to display Usenix FaceSaver files
				on the UNIX-pc
man.shar.Z		CS	Replacement program for the System V "man"
				utility which provides some additional
				features (should work OK under BSD, but BSD
				man is generally robust enough).
tb-setup.sh.Z		CS	Telebit TrailBlazer setup scripts and usage
				instructions for HDB UUCP
fsokay.sh.Z		CS	Improved UNIX-pc /etc/rc script and a
				program to control when a fsck should be
				performed upon bootup.
log_init.sh.Z		CS	Program which prints useful information
				upon logging into your system.
newmgr.shar.Z		CS	A very nice replacement for wmgr and smgr
				written by Andy Fyfe and Scott Mueller.

The following chat script should have the best results.  Note that you
should change the ACU and speed designation to whatever your local machine
supports.  We support 1200BPS, 2400BPS, and Telebit PEP speeds.

icusarch Any0300-1200 ACU 2400 15167946502 "" \r\d\r\d\r\d in:--in: icusarch

files may be requested by using the command:

$ uucp icusarch!~/file_name your_file_name

where file_name is the file name from the archive above, and
your_file_name is where you wish to copy the file on your system.

If you have any problems accessing the archives, you may contact me
through e-mail and I will try to help you out.  I may be contacted by
uucp at ames!limbic!gil, and gil%limbic at ames.arc.nasa.gov or
gil at icus.islp.ny.us should work as well.

-----