UNIX pc Fixdisk is on the way now ... (was Re: Clist flushing problem)

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.islp.ny.us
Sat Nov 25 17:11:26 AEST 1989

(william.a.nazaret,ho,) writes:
|>[clist work around needed]
|>
|>One way is to increase the number of clists the kernel uses with ktune(1M)
|>"ktune nclist=N", where N is something bigger you can live with. After running
|>ktune, you have to re-boot for it to take effect. Test that it really has
[jbm's clist work-around left out ...]

|>Hack it up the way you want it. Hopefully 3.51d will be out soon and I won't
|>have to run this mess.

Well according to strong rumors, my good buddies at AT&T will be getting the
*official* copy of the FIXDISK (which has been delayed time and time again)
from Lisle, IL hopefully Monday, Nov 27th.  After the *final* touches
are added to it, the long awaited 3.51d and other miscellaneous fixes
will be officially released.  I've been running that varient of the kernel
here for over two months, everything is stable.  Ahhh..

As soon as I get the word on it's availability, and *what* exactly will
be on it (ie. what does it fix, among other bugs like clists...) I will
post ASAP.