Perl - 3b1

Kevin O'Gorman kevin at kosman.UUCP
Tue Nov 28 02:55:37 AEST 1989

In article <1086 at nsscb.UUCP> nrg at nsscb.UUCP (G.Narotham Reddy) writes:
>I would like to know whether "Perl" can be run on unixpc.
>If so, what are all the memory/disk space requirements.

Yes.  I do, and I like it a lot.  It's not too big:

-rwxr-xr-x  1 kevin   users    251116 Nov  5 12:12 /usr/local/bin/perl
/usr/local/bin/perl:	mc68k executable (shared demand paged)

This is version 3.0 compiled with gcc 1.35, which took a bit of fiddling.

I don't know what to say about RAM requirements.  I have had no trouble,
and don't expect any.