3B1 Power Supply pinout wanted.

julian macassey julian at bongo.UUCP
Thu Oct 26 14:34:10 AEST 1989

        I now have my spare 3b1 Power Supply from Halted
Specialties. What a bargain. My original plan, before these
came along, was to replace my 3b1 Power Supply with a Generic
PC-Clone Power Supply when the 3b1 died. This would have been
messy, with an outboard PSU and cables, but would have kept me
running.

        Now I look at my spare 3b1 supply and say to myself:
"This sucker is pretty cheap and would probably make a great
PC-Clone Power Supply."

        Whichever way I go, I need to know what voltages appear
on what pins on the Power Connector. The Hard Drive Connector
is the same one used on MS-DOS machines, the question is the
0.1ins 18 pin connector that carries the DC to the mother
board.The connector is marked as J1. Looking at it from above
with the connector closest to you it looks like this:

     o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o
    18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10  9  8  7  6  5  4  3  2  1

        Could some kind soul who is in the know let me - and
possibly the net - know what voltages appear on these pins and
what current each would supply. I know the total current the
board can supply is: 20A @ +5V, 5A @ +12V and 0.3A @ -12V. But
where does it come off is the question.

Yours, still on the lookout for 3b1parts.
--
Julian Macassey, n6are  julian at bongo    ucla-an!denwa!bongo!julian
n6are at k6iyk (Packet Radio) n6are.ampr.org [44.16.0.81] voice (213) 653-4495