.5 + .5 + .5 + 1.5 = 2.0 ?

Steve Simmons scs at itivax.iti.org
Fri Oct 27 23:23:35 AEST 1989

jan at bagend.UUCP (Jan Isley) writes:
>In article <1685 at mtunb.ATT.COM> jcm at mtunb.UUCP (was-John McMillan) writes:
>>In article <388 at msdrl.UUCP> elliston at msdrl.UUCP (Keith Elliston) writes:
>>>a bunch of 256k dips (150 ns) from some Macintosh memory upgrades that are
>>>just dieing to jump into my unixpc.
>>	Just a note: the demands of the 3B1/7300 are such that
>>	SOME generic chips malfunction.  Fujitsu and Fairchild
>>	are fine, as I recall, but others may fail.
>Yes, yes, dozens of times, yes!  It may fail after passing the diagnostics
>the first hundred times!  I have seen it happen more than once.  Get them
>suckers good and hot and put them in the test loop overnight.

Speaking only as a satisfied customer:

I bought 1.5MB of used 150ns DRAMs from Micro-C.  It cost me $108.00
plus shipping (yes, $2.00 per chip).  Their price is now $1.75, but bear
in mind they have a $100 minimum order.  They took my Master Card number
by phone and the package arrived five days later.  The RAM arrived clean,
straight, and properly packed including being entubed.  It runs fine in
my combo card.  Mine are Fujitsu chips, but this varies.

Micro-C is at 11085 Sorrento Valley Ct, San Diego, CA. 92121, 619-522-1213.
--
Steve Simmons	scs at iti.org   Industrial Technology Institute
	    "I forgot the baby."  -- P. Honeyman