FOR SALE: AT&T 7300/3b1 (UNIX BOX) + extras!

olaf.henjum olaf at cbnewsc.ATT.COM
Sun Oct 8 04:06:55 AEST 1989

AT&T 3b1 (also known as PC 7300) FOR SALE
Includes full-coverage maintenance contract through 2/14/90
   (in effect, a complete warranty for the length of the contract).

OPERATING SYSTEM: AT&T PC 7300 UNIX version 3.5.

HARDWARE:
3.5 Mb RAM, 67 Mb hard disk, built-in 1200 baud modem, DOS-73
(MS-DOS emulator) card, and EIA expansion card (includes serial
and parallel ports).  (Sorry, no printer included!)

SOFTWARE PACKAGES:
Smart financial package (a fully integrated spreadsheet/DBMS/word processor).
Several public domain packages (source only, no binaries), including:
SB-Prolog, XLISP 1.6, SC (another spreadsheet package), S (a statistical
package), PCL (Portable Common Loops: intended to run with Common Lisp),
gcc, perl, and Modula-2.
Also, several megabytes worth of archived netnews advice, source programs,
and other miscellaneous freeware, unsorted and indeed untouched.

BOOKS: Two books on UNIX System Administration and a book on the Korn Shell.
Plus (of course) all of the manuals that came with the system.

Also includes 100+ blank DSDD diskettes plus a full backup (78 disks).

BEST OFFER OVER $1100 GETS THE WHOLE PACKAGE!
(If I have to ship it via UPS or some other appropriate mover, I will
have to take the shipping costs into account when determining the meaning
of "best offer".)

WHY I AM SELLING THIS: I don't need it.  It's been very reliable and has
given excellent service, but the few really important things I've been
using it for (which are the reason I had a maintenance contract on it)
can be done just as well from an IBM PC, and through an odd concatenation
of family circumstances I recently inherited a PC/AT clone.
I certainly don't need both computers in the house, and I've learned that
I really don't have enough use for a UNIX box to justify keeping it.
I'd like it to have a good home with somebody who'll actually spend time
USING all of the wonderful UNIX-y toys and tools it contains - and I'd like
to sell it before the maintenance contract comes up for renewal (at which
time I will give up trying to sell it and donate it to a local school).

TELEPHONE: Home - (312) 790-9099: please leave a message if I'm not in.
IF you respond by e-mail, PLEASE include a telephone number!
I do not wish to do all negotiations via e-mail!
For netiquette's sake, please DON'T respond via netnews
   (for one thing, I probably won't see it).

   -- Olaf Henjum (att!ihlpf!olaf)