FOR SALE: AT&T 7300/3b1 (UNIX BOX) + extras!

ming.chow chow at cbnewsd.ATT.COM
Fri Oct 13 07:22:49 AEST 1989

In article <3819 at cbnewsc.ATT.COM>, olaf at cbnewsc.ATT.COM (olaf.henjum) writes:
> After sifting through a small flood of e-mail and telephone messages,
> I have recently accepted an offer of $2200 + shipping for my recently
> advertised 3B1 system, conditional only on the possibility of receiving a
> significantly higher bid.  Unless I receive such a higher bid, I must
> consider the system sold.
>
> If this deal falls through for some bizarre reason,
> I will of course re-post my previous ad immediately.
>
> Thanks to all of you who responded, and I hope
> you all find systems that meet your needs.
> (P.S.: For those who may be interested, a VAR in Naperville, Illinois, known
> as Var-Tech is selling MINIMUM CONFIGURATION 7300 systems - i.e. 1 Meg RAM
> and 20 Meg hard disk with NO peripheral boards/add-ons/software.
> I don't know what their arrangements are for shipping out-of-state,
> but their telephone number is (312) 357-1999.
> No, I don't get a cut for giving this tip...)
>
>    -- Olaf Henjum (att!ihlpf!olaf)

  About a month ago I called Var-Tech and they told me they
  don't do retail any more. The man promised sending me some
  information for the system I inquired, but the information
  never reached me until now.

  After shopping around, I went to PC Warehouse on Ogden Ave.
  in Lisle (in front of Lake Side Apartment, across Pier 34
  Seafood Resturant). I bought a VGA monitor, VGA controller card,
  hard disk, hard disk controller card and 1MB expansion RAM. I
  was very very satisfied with the price and service got from there.
  For the 1MB RAM expansion kit, exact same parts number as AT&T sells,
  I got it even cheaper than AT&T employee price. Their store numbers
  are: (312) 357-7473 and (312) 357-7488.

  No, I don't get a cut because I have paid. -:)

  Ming Chow  att!ihlpb!chow