increasing i-nodes

Carolyn Smith smithc at msdrl.UUCP
Sat Oct 7 04:11:23 AEST 1989

Disclaimer:  this is my first posting, please bear with me.

We are running news on a UNIX-PC connected via uucp to UUNET.  Since I
installed the operating system using the default parameters, I am now
having trouble because we frequently run out of i-nodes when there is
plenty of disk space left.

First, what is the recommended way of backing up the working system so
I don't have to start over from scratch?

Secondly, how do I tweak the automated installation system (or how do I
do a manual installation) so that I can increase the number of i-nodes.
I have the correct parameter, but so far can't figure out how to include
it in the startup.

I would appreciate any hints on this problem, preferably by e-mail, unless
there is interest enough to warrant using net-bandwidth for this.

I can be reached at    uunet!msdrl!smithc
or at my office        (201) 594-4316

Thanks,

Carolyn Smith
Merck, Sharp & Dohme