Var Tech and PC7300's (was Re: FOR SALE: AT&T 7300/3b1 ...)

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.islp.ny.us
Sun Oct 15 15:34:56 AEST 1989

In article <2342 at cbnewsd.ATT.COM> chow at cbnewsd.ATT.COM (ming.chow) writes:
|>In article <3819 at cbnewsc.ATT.COM>, olaf at cbnewsc.ATT.COM (olaf.henjum) writes:
|>> (P.S.: For those who may be interested, a VAR in Naperville, Illinois, known
|>> as Var-Tech is selling MINIMUM CONFIGURATION 7300 systems - i.e. 1 Meg RAM
|>> and 20 Meg hard disk with NO peripheral boards/add-ons/software.
|>> I don't know what their arrangements are for shipping out-of-state,
|>> but their telephone number is (312) 357-1999.
|>> No, I don't get a cut for giving this tip...)
|>>
|>>    -- Olaf Henjum (att!ihlpf!olaf)
|>
|>  About a month ago I called Var-Tech and they told me they
|>  don't do retail any more. The man promised sending me some
|>  information for the system I inquired, but the information
|>  never reached me until now.

Well since Gil (gil at limbic) is looking for another machine to tinker
with (hardware development, etc...) I figured I would call Var Tech.
They were very pleasant on the phone, I got a return phone call that
afternoon from Steve (sorry, forgot his last name).  I asked if you
had any AT&T UNIX pc's for sale, he replied, "How many do you need?
100?"   Well, I said no.. but he did mention that the price was $649
that got your a 20MB PC7300 with 1MB of RAM on the motherboard.
This included the Operating System too.

Disclaimer:  I'm not affilated with Var Tech in any way, and haven't
done business with them in the past.

Well if anyone has any better price (for this configuration), drop
Gil a email message, I'm sure he'd like to hear with you! :-)

						-Lenny

--
| Lenny Tropiano            ICUS Software Systems      [w] +1 (516) 589-7930 |
| lenny at icus.islp.ny.us     Telex; 154232428 ICUS      [h] +1 (516) 968-8576 |