install problems with B news

UseNet News news at becker.UUCP
Sun Oct 15 02:49:32 AEST 1989

I'm running (for the moment) B news 2.11, patchlevel 14.

For some reason, I've been getting the following message
several times in the news log right after expire has run -

	Cannot install </usr/spool/news/...>: File exists

where "..." is some news article pathname.

I'm not sure where to look for this - The system is an AT&T 3B1
running System V rel. 2 with some rel. 3 extensions. I'm using
"dbm" and file locking.

Has anyone else seen this? I know the obvious remedy is to go
to C news, which I intend to do when the dbz patches show up
(did the above problem swallow the relevant articles?)...

Thanks for any suggestions,
--
Bruce Becker	Toronto, Ont.
Internet: news at becker.UUCP	UUCP: ...!uunet!mnetor!becker!news