bsplit?

Robert E. Stampfli res at cbnews.ATT.COM
Tue Feb 6 10:04:54 AEST 1990

>The real problem, though is that you can't feed the script from a
>pipe.  dd is almost unique among the unix tools in that it
>uses read() rather than fread() and will fail to read the
>requested amount if the input pipeline cannot stay ahead.

Yes.  One way of dealing with this, although it may not be the most
efficient, is to change instances of

	... | dd -args | ...
	... | dd bs=whatever | dd -args | ...

This has worked in a pinch for me several times.
--
Rob Stampfli	/ att.com!stampfli (uucp at work) / kd8wk at w8cqk (packet radio)
614-864-9377	/ osu-cis.cis.ohio-state.edu!kd8wk!res (uucp at home)