No Routing Problems in Europe????

S.J.Leviseur sjl at ukc.ac.uk
Wed Jul 12 20:39:17 AEST 1989

In article <8612 at attctc.DALLAS.TX.US> wnp at attctc.Dallas.TX.US (Wolf Paul) writes:
| In article <19403 at louie.udel.EDU> HIGGS_M%P1.LANCSP.AC.UK at cunyvm.cuny.edu (Mike Higgs) writes:
| =    I apologise for this going out over the net but I cannotcontact the
| =sender directly.
| =    despoix at imag.fr, I was informed that your mail to me bounced but not
| =what the mail actually was. Please could you resend via another gateway or post
| =to the net.
| =
| =        Thanks,
| =
| =                        Mike Higgs
| =
| =School of Computing,              JANET : higgs_m at uk.ac.lancsp.p1
| =Lancashire Polytechnic,           EARN  : higgs_m at p1.lancsp.ac.uk
| =Preston,
| =U.K.  PR1 2TQ.
|
| And I thought they didn't have any routing problems or mail bouncing
| in Europe!
|
| Then why do we have this message going to the US, to enable two Europeans
| (one in Britain, the other in France) to communicate with each other?

Neither Lancashire Polytechnic (p1.lancsp.ac.uk), nor as far as I can tell
imag.fr is on EUnet. There is an imag.imag.fr which is probably the address
Mike Higgs is trying to reach.

| This illustrates that even EUnet is not perfect, and shouldn't charge
| rates as if it were.

I really don't think this is EUnet's problem. We cannot be held responsible
for misaddressed mail.

	sean

I cannot speak on behalf of EUnet, but I am quite happy to speak on behalf
of UKnet.