Mouse Feats

John Hascall hascall at atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu
Sun Apr 9 09:06:33 AEST 1989

In article <9642 at claris.com> krazy at claris.com (Jeff Erickson) writes:
>Several people have raised objections to mice with the legitimate complaint
>that they are fast typists and don't want to remove their hands from the
>keyboard to hit the mouse.

>There is a solution which I actually use if I have to do a lot of typing.
>I put something hard (like a book) on the floor, stick the mouse down there
>and use my feet.  Admittedly, you have to be barefoot to get the most use
>out of this idea, and the fewer buttons the better.

>You were born with four limbs, not two.  Why not use them?

   If I took off my shoes my office-mate would beat me :-)

   Besides, who has enough toe-dexterity to double-click?

   Something I recently found out: on my VAXstation I can use

   CTRL/SHIFT/arrow to move the mouse and CTRL/SHIFT/SELECT to click,

   not the handiest key-sequence but it is real nice when you want
   to move something exactly horizontally or vertically.

   (How did this topic ever get in this group?)