Color sensitivity? No, BUT....

Herman Rubin cik at l.cc.purdue.edu
Fri Apr 28 00:06:59 AEST 1989

In article <1318 at frog.UUCP>, john at frog.UUCP (John Woods) writes:
> In article <9968 at claris.com>, krazy at claris.com (Jeff Erickson) writes:
> > From article <12565 at lanl.gov>, by jlg at lanl.gov (Jim Giles):

> And then again, having fonts be significant in variable names would make
> it easy to have variables like "script-G" that pop up in Quantum Mechanics...
> (No, I am NOT serious.  :-)

Why not?  Mathematicians have been using fonts and foreign alphabets for
hundreds of years without confusion.  Just because at some stage in the
development of computers only punch card symbols were available, and at
the present time there is this atrocious attempt to limit us to the 63
characters which the 7-bit ASCII handles, we should give this up?  We know
how to use escape characters for those channels which are so limited.
Phone: (317)494-6054
hrubin at l.cc.purdue.edu (Internet, bitnet, UUCP)