PC advice sought (Zeos?)

John R. Gregg jgregg at bbn.com
Sun Feb 25 03:31:52 AEST 1990

I need PC advice.  I have been reading up on what is out
there, and the system I am considering (for home use, some programming and
word processing) in the much-advertised Zeos 386SX.  The specific
configuration would include:   386Sx running at 16 MHz,  32 MB Seagate HD,
2 floppy drives, 2 MB RAM, VGA monitor + one year warrantee and on-site
servicing for about $2250.  I am satisfied with this price for this
machine, but I am a little wary of other considerations.  For instance:

*       Mail order computers.  I don't feel warm and fuzzy about being
	waranteed by people thousands of miles away.  Does it work out
	OK usually?

*       Clones in general.  How often are they not quite as compatible as
	you would like them to be?  Are bizarre glitches common?

*       Zeos.  Their pure, non-SX 386 system has been well reviewed. Any
	comments on their support organization or overall quality?

Recently, someone mentioned in passing that in one of the PC magazines
there was a review of lots of the new 386SX machines, and that AST, Austin,
and Zeos came out on top.  Could someone give me more detail on the article
itself or at least tell me what magazine and issue it was in?

			Thanks muchly in advance,

				jgregg at bbn.com

"I do not claim that universes like ours occur frequently, merely that the
expected frequency is non-zero." -Edward Tyron