open this package and you're stuck with it

Garrett A Wollman gwollman at jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU
Fri Feb 16 07:22:09 AEST 1990

In article <10760 at saturn.ucsc.edu> daniel at saturn.ucsc.edu (Daniel Edelson) writes:

>Limiting software to a particular period of time or number of
>executions appears difficult, especially on PCs, but even on
>workstations. And the problem with crippling the software until
>the person knows they want it means they don't really get to
>try it out. If we could find a good solution it would be really
>useful.

I think that Vermont Creative Software has found a neat solution to
this, at least for developers... If you don't like their package
*after any length of time*, you can send it back.  Since they (obviously)
can tell whether or not a given package contains their code, it
is not too dangerous for them to do this.

-GAWollman
"Boy! two articles in one day!"
(independent C programmer)

--
"All societies are based on rules to protect pregnant women and children.
 . . . As racial survival is the only universal morality, no other bases