WARN users of caffeine pills, codeine-based headache remedies

Steve Simmons simmons at applga.uucp
Wed Jun 29 23:20:13 AEST 1988

In article <1009 at ucsd.EDU> akkana at brain.UCSD.EDU (Akkana) writes:
>In article <781 at houxv.UUCP> rs2 at houxv.UUCP (R.SWITZER) writes:
>>A few years back, I had an acquaintance who routinely used to drop by
>>HIS friends' music shop with orders for equipment and went and visited
>>Canadien relatives and friends with "gifts".
>
>What's so bad about this?  Why did he "deserve to get caught"?  Where
>would the extra $600 be going had they bought the guitar in Canada?

Not to debate the reasonableness of tarrifs and duties (they s*ck), but
when folks break the law that way it makes it hard on us who are just
carrying personal possesions back and forth.

The $600.00 would go to the Canadian gov.  Think about what the USA
IRS would do to you for $600 you criminally avoided paying.
--
+- Steve Simmons            UNIX Systems Mgr.         Schlumberger CAD/CAM -+
+  simmons at applga.uucp                              ...umix!applga!simmons  +