"Fully" Functional Eunice for VMS 4.1

Conrad Cunningham conrad at wucs.UUCP
Sat Aug 10 07:33:00 AEST 1985

	Does anyone know when a version of Eunice and TCP/IP that really
works under VMS 4.1 is going to come out?  The first version of Eunice
has severe handicaps for usage in a large instructional timesharing
environment.  It's impractical to give the typical student user privileges
such as SYSPRV.

	We were reasonably happy with the VMS 3.x versions of Eunice and
TCP/IP and came to rely heavily upon them.  We delayed converting to VMS
4.x until this summer so that new versions of software such as Eunice and
TCP/IP would be available.  I made the mistake in assuming that the new
Eunice would work at least as well as the old.

	Does anyone have Ultrix/DECnet yet?

Conrad Cunningham	conrad at wucs
Engineering Computer Laboratory, Washington University in St. Louis