PC JOVE IS NOT PUBLIC DOMAIN

Michael A. Bloom mab at ttidcc.UUCP
Thu Feb 6 19:46:33 AEST 1986

In article <11699 at ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> iverson at cory.UUCP (Tim Iverson) writes:

|author) and as far as I know, PC JOVE IS NOT IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN.  The source
|contains explicit copyright notices and it does not give permission to copy
|for non-commercial purposes.

That is likely to be true for PC jove.  I recently received a copy of the
NEW version of jove, with interactive shell windows and a nicer, more
extensive, user interface.  Each file contains a copyright notice with
text saying the jove for UNIX is free, and you may make copies for "licensed
UNIX systems", but that under no conditions can copies be made for "micro-
computers".  I think this means he intends to market it for PC's.
.   contains a notice sayin