Disgusting Code

boykin at datagen.UUCP boykin at datagen.UUCP
Mon Feb 10 04:18:12 AEST 1986

Seeing how easy it is to produce "disgusting code" the last thing
we need is a "Most Disgusting Code" award.  With good code (defined
as portable, readable and maintainable) being much rarer, much more
valuable to look at (and learn from), and (unfortunately) alot harder to find.
Perhaps what we need is a "Best Code I've ever seen" award.

Learning the "tricks" from code which is admittedly "disgusting" (and which
won't compile under most compilers) isn't the kind of trick
that you should be striving to learn.

Joe Boykin
Sr. Project Leader
Data General Corp.