wanted: cshell for systemV

Ron Natalie <ron> ron at brl-sem.ARPA
Fri Jan 3 13:09:00 AEST 1986

> For a (relatively) small fee, you can purchase a source copy of the
> "Korn Shell" (ksh) which is a fair simulation of the ever-popular csh, with a
> few added features that are quite nice.  While it is not the same old
> comfortable csh, but it is better than the standard SYS V shell.

I don't know what you're using, but ksh is a much hacked Bourne shell that
allows you to have features such as history, etc... that the SYS V Bourne
shell is lacking.  Fortunately it does not simulate the C-shell at all,
but uses the standard /bin/sh countrol structures and I/O redirection
primatives.

-Ron