3B2 SCSI

Verbiscer rjv at iwtpm.ATT.COM
Tue Feb 2 05:06:23 AEST 1988

The AT&T 3B2 SCSI Development Team continuing its solicitation for comments,
criticisms, and suggestions on the SCSI peripherals and features of the
AT&T 3B2 Computers.  SCSI is supported on the 3B2/300/310/400/500/600
machines.  Available peripherals include:

	XM/405S	- A package containing 3 135 MB* (formatted) disks
		  and a SCSI controller.
	XM/900S	- A package containing 3 300 MB* (formatted) disks
		  and a SCSI controller.
	DCM/4E  - A package containing a SCSI to ESDI controller.  It
		  is capable of controlling up to four DM/xxxE packages.
	DM/147E	- A package that contains 1 147 MB* (formatted) disk.
	DM/300E	- A package that contains 1 300 MB* (formatted) disk.
	TM/60S  - A package that contains 1 60 MB* QIC-24 format
		  Quarter Inch Cartridge tape drive with SCSI interface.
	TM/120S	- A package that contains 1 120 MB* QIC-24 compatible
		  Quarter Inch Cartridge tape drive with SCSI interface.
	3B2 9-Track - A package containing a 1600/6250 bpi, 75 ips 9-track
                  tape drive with SCSI interface.
* - MB is defined as 2^20 bytes.

We are interested in any problem you may have with the equipment and how
the problem was resolved.  (Any comments on problems should include as much
detail on system configuration as possible, including the UNIX(R) Operating
System version.)

We are interested in hearing of the applications you run in which you
need the capabilities of SCSI, how well SCSI meets your needs, and if
the performance and functionality were as expected.  Also, what new
features/peripherals would you like to see provided in future releases
and how would they help you.

We are also interested in comments on how knowledgeable the sales staff was,
how long it took to get the equipment once it was ordered, and how easy it was
to install.

We cannot usurp the role of the support organizations to directly solve
any problems.  We may be able to respond to general questions on what
was done, and perhaps why it was done, in our implementation.

However, we can promise that all comments will be carefully considered
as input to future releases of the SCSI products, and this will hopefully
make upgrades to your system function better for you.

Please email any comments directly to:
		ihnp4!iwtio!rjv

Thanks,
The 3B2 SCSI Development Team