UUCP on Unix PC V 3.51

John Mundt john at chinet.UUCP
Fri May 27 09:38:16 AEST 1988

>In article <140 at ssdis.UUCP> gsarff at ssdis.UUCP (gary sarff) writes:
>> ... About 150K into the
>> file uucico (running in the background from my shell) says:
>> r short 2 want 3
>> rcount=0
>> xcount=0
>> ... The LOGFILE in /usr/lib/uucp says INPUT ERROR IN SEND/SLAVE mode

This happened to me and only when sending from a 3b2/400 to a 3b2/310.

A call to the AT&T hotline got a fix(?) which was to change the line
in /usr/lib/uucp/Systems with the characters preceding the ogin:
being \d\r\d\r.

I haven't the slightest idea why that worked, but it appeared to fix
things.  I've only seen that error message once since then.  Incidentally,
I only got the thing when sending relatively large files.

I don't think that it is actually a checksum error as someone mentioned
before, since it kept occurring at the same place during the file
transfer.

Also found that if you forget to clear out /usr/mail/uucp periodically,
logins fail because uucp cannot write to the file.
--

John Mundt
Teachers' Aide, Inc.
Highland Park, IL 60035         |My opinions DO reflect those|
(312) 432-8860	Voice           |of the company.  I *own* it.|

                  /teachad!fred
...!ihnp4!chinet!<
                  \admctr!mundt