AT&T 386 UNIX 2nd disk

Bill Kennedy bill at ssbn.WLK.COM
Mon May 2 03:58:23 AEST 1988

Yesterday I pitched Microport V/386 and brought up AT&T 386 UNIX
System Vr3.1.  Even though it's worlds better than ubug, I am not
able to do some things I think I should be able to do.  In
particular I am not able to get a second hard disk installed,
whether by hand or the install menu.  I have taken out the
redirection of stderr to /dev/null and it appears that everything
progresses normally up to the mkfs which fails because it can
not open /dev/dsk/1s1 or /dev/dsk/1s3.  Note that all of the
prior stuff has no trouble at all with /dev/rdsk/1s0.

I have made a new kernel (had to to add the second serial port)
and the symptom persists.  Has anyone put the second disk on
AT&T UNIX?  If so, how did you do it?  It's a breeze with ubug,
but it doesn't have any trouble with /dev/dsk/1s?.  Any pointers
on bringing up a Computone Intelliport card and printing to a
parallel printer would be appreciated too.
--
Bill Kennedy  usenet      {rutgers,ihnp4!killer,cbosgd}!ssbn!bill
              internet    bill at ssbn.WLK.COM