AT&T 6386 Mother Board Floppy Controller

Deloy Johnson dpj at wybbs.UUCP
Thu Nov 10 03:51:07 AEST 1988

We are attempting to install a PRIAM 325Mb (formatted) hard disk in our AT&T
6386 and are having a few problems.  We are using a controller board from
Adaptec that has both hard disk and floppy controller capabilities.  Normally,
this would be fine, but the 6386 has its floppy controller on the mother board,
and as of yet, we have been unable to disable either it or the floppy controller
on the controller board.  My question is, does anyone know if it is possible to
disable the floppy controller on the mother board or if Adaptec makes a control-
ler board without the floppy controller?  We've tried contacting both AT&T and
Adaptec, but niether have been of much help, yet.

Any response would be much appreciated ...

Thanks

Deloy Johnson

WORK : (616) 452-1191
HOME : (616) 538-6055