Another 19200 baud tip, and a question

Thad P Floryan thad at cup.portal.com
Sun Jun 11 22:18:57 AEST 1989

In light of the recent interest about 19200 baud for the serial port(s) on
the UNIXPC, I'd like to pass along another tip that I'd almost forgotten:

AFTER you change the two occurrences of ``B19200'' to be ``EXTA'' in the
/etc/gettydefs for the 19200 baud entry, you can alter:

	/usr/lib/ua/RS232a.form

by adding ``Name=19200'' to the end of the list in the "Speed" menu data and
then "19200" baud will appear in all the menus for the "RS232 Setup" and for
the "RS232 Expansion Setup" in the "Hardware Setup" menu in the "Office of
install."

If you're still using the UA, the above will make life more pleasant if you're
reluctant to manually alter /etc/inittab (which only seems to get modified
by using the "RS232 [Expansion] Setup" or by running ``phtoggle'').

Reiterating another note from the past: up to and including 3.51, the driver
for tty000 will NOT permit a BREAK to be input (such as would be used for a
linked baud selection in /etc/gettydefs) but a BREAK can be sent out from the
UNIXPC.  Allegedly the 3.51a fixdisk corrects this problem (of a BREAK not
being recognized on input to tty000; the EIA/COMBO board drivers do NOT have
the problem).

Question: is the 3.51a fixdisk still available?  If so, who does one call?

If the disk isn't available anymore, can someone send me a copy (in exchange
for postage, blank disk, etc) and I'll make copies for distribution here in
Silicon Valley.  Were the 3.51b or 3.51c (or ???) fixdisks ever released?

Thad Floryan [ thad at cup.portal.com (OR) ..!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!thad ]