Serious Complaint

Len Rose len at netsys.COM
Sun Jun 11 12:08:17 AEST 1989

I received the update to the parts catalog today. While installing
the new pages, I was dismayed to find that many part descriptions had
been changed .. for the worse.

In example:

 In the Nov 88 Issue 1 Item #18 Page #A

 104217187 INTERNAL 34 PIN CABLE
 104217203 CABLE EXTERNAL 34 PINS

 Has been changed to:

 In the April 89 Issue 2 Item #18 Page #A

 104217187 CA ASS ED 4C580-35 G1 XM
 104217203 COMPUTER CABLE ASSY

 These are just two examples I picked out,there are many,many more.

 The parts organization does a fine job, and this isn't a condemnation
 of any sort, just a serious question.. The catalog has always been a
 bit cryptic,but this is terrible.. Unless one has prints or access to
 the factory how in god's name do we decipher these without calling the
 hotline to waste someone's time asking for a description ?

 Could someone within AT&T DSG forward this question to the responsible
 party? I realize that database updates are not done by technical
 personnel , but why do we have to make things more difficult..

 A concerned user of the parts catalog :-)

Len

len at netsys.com
{ames,att,rutgers,attmail}!netsys!len