usermanuals for 3b1/7300 os 2.0

H. Reza Zarafshar reza0 at ihlpl.ATT.COM
Wed Mar 8 05:10:14 AEST 1989

In article <1561 at amelia.nas.nasa.gov>, dinavahi at amelia.nas.nasa.gov (Suryaprasad G. Dinavahi) writes:

>      I have recently purchased a 3b1/7300 from Digital Data Systems.
>  All I received with the package was a small four page manual telling
>  me how to install the hardware. There is no user guide or owner's
> manual. So I called the company saying that even a calculator comes
> with an owner's manual. Their response was that They don't have any
> manuals for the pc with OS2.0. However, I can buy the OS3.5 which
> comes with manuals, documentation and AT&T support. Needless to say,
> I was not thrilled.
> the necessary manuals ( I called AT&T and they were not much
> help either).

This is another example of a company trying to rip off its customers.  All
unix pc's were and have always come with unix s/w.  You couldn't buy them
from att unless you bought the software.  After all unix is the only thing
that runs on this machine and only the one from ATT.  You must be running
some version of UNIX on this machine, right??  If so, you must have a license
to this software and manuals for it.  If these people are not giving you the
manual, they are ripping you off.  I am really amazed that they actually
did this. shame, shame.

Anyway, If I can be of any help regarding using the machine, please send me
e-mail and I will respond.

Reza Zarafshar,
ATT-BL, 312-979-5104,
att!ihlpl!reza0