UNIXPC in the movies!

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.islp.ny.us
Fri Mar 24 23:20:46 AEST 1989

In article <640 at ivucsb.UUCP> todd at ivucsb.UUCP (Todd Day) writes:
|>Wow!  For as little known as the UNIXPC is outside of the Unix/USENET
|>community, it sure gets around in the movies.  In fact, I have seen
|>it in at least as many shows as I've seen Macs and Amigas.  Last night,
|>I saw it in _Broadcast News_.  Tonight, I saw it in "Anything But Love"
|>(TV sitcom), and in _Wanted Dead Or Alive_.  I know I've seen it in
|>other movies, but I can't remember them now.  Anyone else notice this?

Yes!  In fact, I was going to mention this before too.  I guess after
the fire sale, the UNIX PC has become an inexpensive prop for television
and movies.  What I thought was funny was I saw the UNIX PC diagnostic
disk up on the screen in _Broadcast News_.  Geez, that's a "high-tech"
word processor if I ever saw one ;-)   It was also in the movie _Robocop_,
and I'm sure there are more!

-Lenny
--
Lenny Tropiano             ICUS Software Systems         [w] +1 (516) 582-5525
lenny at icus.islp.ny.us      Telex; 154232428 ICUS         [h] +1 (516) 968-8576