UNIXPC in the movies!

Ed Horch ebh at argon.UUCP
Sat Mar 25 04:31:51 AEST 1989

In article <4531 at vpk4.UUCP> hjespers at attcan.UUCP (Hans Jespersen) writes:
>Apparantly AT&T has an agreement/contract with most of the major
>movie studios to use AT&T telephone and computer equipment in their shows.

While this may be amusing the first thousand or so times you see it, I
have to wonder what the actual benefit of this really is.  I mean,
sure, *we* all recognize AT&T equipment, but is there really some exec
someplace springing out of his easy chair, shouting, "THAT'S IT!  Now
I know what PBX to buy!!!" after seeing a Merlin set on Maddie's desk?

I think I'd rather they used the money to advertise their products in
appropriate places, so that maybe things like the 7300 wouldn't have
died such early deaths.

-Ed