Text Processing package

Vidiot brown at vidiot.UUCP
Sat Apr 14 03:49:05 AEST 1990

In article <1990Apr11.151015.4814 at mccc.uucp> pjh at mccc.uucp (Pete Holsberg) writes:
<My VAR just informed me that AT&T doesn't sell a text processing package
<(a la DWB) for the 386 and that I should buy the package from Microport.
<
<That surprises me, as I thought that AT&T would surely sell everything
<they unbundled and I didn't know anything about a separate text
<processing package.  I *have* the Text Preparation System software that
<came with MicroPort SV386 R3.0e; does anyone know if that will work with
<AT&T SV R3.3.2?

Yes the Microport version will work.  At least it has with ISC's version.
I have purchased with my ISC Unix the Text Processing package and use it
every day.

The reason why I know some of the pieces work, is that until I got the patch
diskettes, the ISC tbl program was busted and I used the Microport one until
then.

If you have the Microport tmac.an macro package, I suggest using it instead of
the one that came with ISC.  The ISC version is out-of-date and screws up
when used with a laser printer.
--
      harvard\     att!nicmad\         spool.cs.wisc.edu!astroatc!vidiot!brown
Vidiot  ucbvax!uwvax..........!astroatc!vidiot!brown