/usr/lib/accept on 3b1?

Steve Wampler sbw at tapest.UUCP
Wed Apr 11 06:13:09 AEST 1990

I'm trying to add several logical printers to my unix-pc,
all running on a HP-laserjet+.  I have the interface files
created, have lpadmin'ed the printers, enable'd them, etc.

However, I cannot get either 'accept' or 'reject' to do
anything with any printer (including the two printers I
have running (one on a serial line, the other on the
parallel port).  both programs just return with no
messages.

lpstat shows the new printers as not accepting anything,
with the message (from qstatus) 'new destination'.

the man page for accept shows it taking a single argument,
but a 'strings' of /usr/bin/lpsetup shows the UA as calling
accept with two arguments - (note - going through the UA works
when setting up a printer - but doesn't know anything about
setting up multiple logical printers to a single port.)

So, does anyone know how to correctly call 'accept'?
(I.e., what the two arguments are?)
Information about calling reject would also be nice, since
I'd like to be able to call the commands that come with the
system!
--
Steve Wampler	{...!arizona!naucse!tapest!sbw}
	        {...!ditka!tapest!sbw}