New Root disk for UNIXPC

Todd Day todd at ivucsb.sba.ca.us
Sun Aug 12 04:45:41 AEST 1990

I've been thinking about getting the John Milton disk mod
and getting two hard drives.  I'd like to get about a 100MB
(formatted) drive with under 20ms access time.  Then, I want
to retire my current 67MB(formatted) drive and use it for
news only.  It has served me well these last three years, but
I think it's time to move on (plus, it is fragmented as hell).

Anyway, what I am wondering, is:  What is the least painful way
to copy my entire 67MB drive to the 100MB drive and then make
the 100MB drive my new root drive?  Keep in mind that I want to
somehow unfragment the files in the process, so I think using
dd is out of the questiong.

Also, any comments or suggestions concerning my choice of new
drive would be appreciated...

--
Todd Day |   todd at ivucsb.sba.ca.us   |  ucsbcsl!ivucsb!todd
	"I believed what I was told, I thought it was a good