Broken 7300 help

Gary gary at lsw!grout!ejp
Mon Aug 27 01:55:47 AEST 1990

I have a defective UNIXpc 7300 machine.  When I turn it on, I get a constant
rolling picture.  I removed the hard drive (a miniscribe 10 meg hd) from the
machine and connected it to my good 7300 machine, and was able to boot up
onto the miniscribe.

There is a daughterboard attached to the motherboard
which is located in the front, left-hand portion of the machine, plugged
into three slots on the motherboard where I have three chips on my good 7300.
Attached to the daughterboard is a noted which says there is a broken
pin, but does not say where or what the pin is.

I have tried replacing the power supply and the monitor, but that did
not help.

I would like any helpful suggestions as to how I might go about making
this a good machine, if possible.  I certainly do not wish to spend any
more than I would like to, if I can just change a chip or two.
-----
Gary DeMarco uunet!hadron!lsw!grout!gary