Upgrade info wanted for 16 MHz 6386 (Olivetti)

Colonel Panic aland at infmx.UUCP
Wed Aug 29 09:56:54 AEST 1990

One of our remote sites wants to increase memory and disk space for
a 16MHz 6386.  I'm not familiar with the older line, but I figured
some of you probably are...

Questions:

Memory board: I was told of comcode 405568361 for the appropriate board,
              which supposedly comes with 4MB and can contain 16MB
              total using 1MBx9 SIMMs.  Can somebody please confirm?

Disk controller: can I use a WD1007A-WA2 ESDI controller in this
              machine?  If so, do I have to disable the floppy controller
              portion (and how do I do so)?  The plan is to use the
              "standard" expected 135MB drive (Micropolis 1355), unless
              the 300MB Micropolis 1558 isn't too much more money.

Any info appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

--
Alan Denney      aland at informix.com      {pyramid|uunet}!infmx!aland

 "Girl, we couldn't get much higher."  -  Joe Isuzu