PowerPorts error message

Colonel Panic aland at informix.com
Thu Dec 13 10:58:05 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec11.185134.28919 at DMI.USherb.CA> beauchem at terre.DMI.USherb.CA (Denis Beauchemin) writes:
>Hi all,
>
>On one of our client's machine we often get the folloging message:
>
>Restart PowerPorts Software Card 1
>Powerload: Error(6): ioctl (on reset)
>Failed!
>
>The system runs fine (even after the error message), but it annoys them (and
>us!).  Would someone have an explanation for it?
>
>The card is an AT&T PowerPorts with 8 lines.  The software version of the
>driver is 6.3 and the computer is a 6386/25 MHz....

Sounds suspicious.  Did you ask Consensys about it?  I've been running
6 6386E/33's with the 16-port versions of the same card without a burp
for almost a year.  (Mostly, with version 5.1 of the software; I just
upgraded to version 6.32 with no problems thus far).

--
Alan Denney      aland at informix.com      {pyramid|uunet}!infmx!aland

I'm Pro-Anarchy...   and I Vote!