lint on unix-pc / 3b1

Bruce Lilly bruce at balilly.UUCP
Sat Dec 8 02:59:09 AEST 1990

In article <660450630 at romeo.cs.duke.edu> pusateri at duke.cs.duke.edu (Thomas J. Pusateri) writes:
> [ ... ]
>A problem with the 3b1 lint arises because it does not accept the
>standard C preprocessor defines. The manual makes no reference
>to the -D option! As far as the functions I use there are not
>many differences but there are a few. So how can I fake lint
>into seeing the defines I need without changing the source files?
> [ ... ]
>Anyone else have frustrations with unix-pc lint?

I haven't used lint in about a year -- gcc's -Wall option does a pretty
good job at replacing lint.  However, back when I was using lint, I made a
few changes to /usr/bin/lint (a shell script) to fix a few problems (e.g.
"lint" is supposed to be pre-defined, but wasn't).

If there's enough interest, I'll be happy to post diff's.

--
	Bruce Lilly		blilly!balilly!bruce at sonyd1.Broadcast.Sony.COM