3b1 uucp problem

Gunsul prg at mgweed.UUCP
Fri Dec 21 03:59:40 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec20.042245.10942 at mel.dit.csiro.au>, hal at manta.mel.dit.csiro.au (Harold A. Miller) writes:

> This only happens on Sun-to-3b1 traffic.  All 3b1-to-Sun works, including
> the bidirectional protocol negotiation and acks.  I keep thinking it might
> have something to do with flow control, but I haven't figured out where it
> could be failing, nor why it works on the Tek.
>

> Thanks.
> HM
> --
> --
> |Hal Miller, DIT, CSIRO, | Networking Environments Project               |
> |55 Barry St, Carlton,   | (TEL) +61 3 347 8644   (FAX) +61 3 347 8987   |
> |VIC 3053, Australia     | Internet:hal at mel.dit.csiro.au                 |

Gosh Hal, this sure sounds strange..  I'm not a bit familiar with any
of the Sun systems, but one thing popped into my mind when I read
this -- could the problem be with using the same port for inbound and
outbound traffic?  I'm not sure if the Sun has something like "uugetty"
for bi-directional uucp connections..  I've seen real strange things
happen on 3B type machines prior to HDB that had a "getty" running on
an "out-bound" port...

--
AT&T 		|	 This space		| (708)-859-4485
Phil Gunsul	|	intentionally		| att!mgweed!prg