Reorganization of comp.sys.att (was: CFD: create comp.sys.3b1)

David Snyder das at trac2000.ueci.com
Sat Dec 1 07:01:10 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov29.191856.4964 at news.gvl.unisys.com>, markw at gvlf1-c.gvl.unisys.com (Mark H. Weber) writes:
-> I'm sort of on the fence about the sources group. If we really need one,
-> it should probably be called comp.sources.3b1 (or .att.3b1), so that
-> sites which do not want to get any sources could filter it out. It should
-> be unmoderated, or very lightly moderated.
->
Definitely not unmoderated, preferably moderated but I'll meet you in the
middle with lightly moderated.

-> It takes a fair amount of work on the part of the vote taker, and at
-> least some work on the part of all system administrators to set up
-> a new group. If we are going to go through the effort to change things,
-> we should go ahead and do the whole job, not just part of it.
->
Hmmm, maybe I was a little selfish for not thinking of the other AT&T
boxes... sorry. :-)

DAS
--
David Snyder @ UE&C - Catalytic in Philadelphia, PA