Removal of unix-pc groups

Bruce D. Becker bdb at becker.UUCP
Thu Dec 6 11:06:45 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec4.050336.1654 at zorch.SF-Bay.ORG> scott at zorch.SF-Bay.ORG (Scott Hazen Mueller) writes:
|I am in the process of pulling together a consensus on the removal of the
|unix-pc.* groups.  This action will of course depend on the outcome of the
|vote for creation of comp.*.3b1.  If you are a feed site for unix-pc.*,
|please contact me for inclusion on the mailing list.  My criteria for a
|feed site is that you pay for one of more long-distance links out of your
|own or immediate corporate pocket, or that you feed unix-pc to multiple sites
|either locally or via NNTP.
|
|This list will coordinate the removal of the unix-pc.* hierarchy.  We will
|also discuss the changeover of current unix-pc.* network links to carry the
|new comp.*.3b1 groups.

	I most adamantly protest this notion - whatever
	the outcome of the vote, I will keep feeding
	unix-pc, and crossposting everything. I recommend
	this to everyone on general principles.

	I feed unix-pc to a number of sites and will
	continue to do so...

--
  ,u,	 Bruce Becker	Toronto, Ontario
a /i/	 Internet: bdb at becker.UUCP, bruce at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu
 `\o\-e	 UUCP: ...!uunet!mnetor!becker!bdb
 _< /_	 "Making the world safe for demography" - Western Culture (tm) Yoghurt