3B1's wsdb (windowing sdb); does it function?

Oskar von der Luehe ovdluhe at ethz.UUCP
Mon Jul 2 16:41:17 AEST 1990

In article <31310 at cup.portal.com> thad at cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan) writes:
>Has anyone gotten the "wsdb" (from WSDB+IN (from the STORE or osu-cis)) to
>work on the UNIXPC?

Yes, I'm using it regularly. It's basically "sdb" wrapped up in the
Unix-PC windowing environment; i. e., you have a window for entering
commands to sdb and another for the interaction with the program to be
debugged. I have installed the WSDB+IN package as-is.

>Any attempt to use it by me on either the 3B1's console or a remote terminal
>causes the message (paraphrased) "Cannot open wn, 2" to display. [...]

I have the same problem. But it doesn't seem to keep me from using
"wsdb".

>Sdb is nice, but if wsdb is anything like the VAX/VMS windowing debugger I'd
>be in 7th heaven.

So would I; this is one of the few things I absolutely like about VMS.

>The lack of ANY docs in the WSDB+IN is also a surprise; not even a ``README''.

Same for me. I'd really like to get hold on the source, and be able to
make things nicer. How about a separate window showing source or assembly
lines as you step through, or shows the register contents?

>Thad
>
>Thad Floryan [ thad at cup.portal.com (OR) ..!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!thad ]

Oskar

--
Oskar von der Luehe		UUCP:	"...!unido!cernvax!ethz!ovdluhe"
Institut fuer Astronomie	SPAN:	vdluhe at 20641.span
ETH-Zentrum			DECNET:	20641::VDLUHE
CH-8092 Zuerich, Switzerland