3B1's wsdb (windowing sdb); does it function?

Thad P Floryan thad at cup.portal.com
Sun Jul 1 18:08:59 AEST 1990

Has anyone gotten the "wsdb" (from WSDB+IN (from the STORE or osu-cis)) to
work on the UNIXPC?

Any attempt to use it by me on either the 3B1's console or a remote terminal
causes the message (paraphrased) "Cannot open wn, 2" to display.

Doing a "strings" on wsdb produces (among other things):

	/dev/window
	/dev/w%s
	Cannot open wn, %d

And, yes, /dev does has w0, w1, w2, ... , w12, window, console, ...

And doing a "ps -ef" shows that nothing is using /dev/w2 at the times I
attempted using wsdb.

Sdb is nice, but if wsdb is anything like the VAX/VMS windowing debugger I'd
be in 7th heaven.

The lack of ANY docs in the WSDB+IN is also a surprise; not even a ``README''.

Please post any responses to this newsgroup; I've been off on other projects
at work (and elsewhere) for over a month and am going to attempt to catch up
with email and the unix-pc.* postings this weekend.

Thad

Thad Floryan [ thad at cup.portal.com (OR) ..!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!thad ]